I am honoured to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Diane. Thank you very much indeed.
I’m not particularly well clued up on awards such as this; I was always the last person to be chosen for whatever sporting event I was being forced into doing at school, and that feeling of uselessness has stuck with me ever since. However, this award is far more complimentary than the times when I was chosen second-to-last, rather than last, and I never expected to be nominated for anything with my far out posts. And yes, I accept the award! With more thanks than is actually needed, and… what do you mean I have to pass it on to someone else? Oh. I see!
The award comes with some rules:
i) Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
b) List 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
Rule One was completed almost immediately, have a look at the very first paragraph if you missed it.
Rule Two seems a little tricky to me, as the blog itself is about me and seven more things about me may be lost, or have already been mentioned, or may be mentioned again in a future post. Still, them’s the rules and I must obey…
Rule Three will take some time. I visit quite a few blogs, some more frequently than others, and others less so than some, but I like visiting them all. To have to pick fifteen seems unfair to me on the others who don’t get picked, and then there are the blogs that I haven’t come across yet, and may do so in the next few days; or the ones I have recently found but not had chance to read and catch up with their corners of the cyberverse. I’m tweaking this rule slightly, and referring any reader to my ‘blogs I visit’ page first of all. Then I will choose fifteen over time. Even the thought of choosing fifteen has brought back the memory of me waiting patiently to be picked last to join the cross country jogging group, and this award means so much more than that. I’ll come back to Rule Three.
In the meantime, I’ll go back to Rule Two. Seven things about me. Hmmm. Do they have to be true? OK. OK!
- I once raised hundreds of pounds on a sponsored diet after losing so much weight in such a short time (ten weeks). My sponsors were expecting me to fail miserably, so were flippant with their pledges.
- I think I’m developing a sort of psychic ability where I can ‘feel’ if something is going to happen. It’s in the early stages, as I don’t actually know what is going to happen yet, but the potential is there. I only need to learn more about this ability first.
- I was once mistaken for Jason Donovan, although I look nothing like him, can’t sing and can’t act. The event was surreal in itself, as I was in a boxing club at the time.
- I have appeared on television on several occasions, always centre screen and always in the background. My main break in television was pulled due to something that the Royal Family did one Thursday, and I don’t think the show was ever broadcast again. Sigh.
- I have suffered from sunstroke twice in my life. Once at a four day outdoor concert (I presume this was sunstroke…) and the other time when I was up that mountain on Tenerife. It was bizarre being up that mountain, as I had the really strange feeling that I was going to fall off. I know… weird…
- I love animals, and when I was younger wanted to own a tiger. Secretly, I still do.
- For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to visit Iceland, and I am saving the occasion for the ‘right time’, whenever that will be…
So. Seven facts. Some mentioned before, and some to be revisited at a later date. That wasn’t as tricky as I thought it was going to be.
I’ll be mentioning my fifteen chosen blogs over the coming days, and the reasons for me choosing said blogs. For now, though, this post is at an end. Thank you, thank you, thank you…